Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sword and Prayer

2 posters

Go down

The Sword and Prayer Empty The Sword and Prayer

Post  Basileus Sapiens Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:33 pm

Basileus slammed another empty cup upon the table. Despite the rather large amount of alcohol he had consumed, he still felt as though he could not get properly buzzed. As he called for another, he looked down from his place on the upper floor upon the usual conclave of scoundrels and patrons the bar served. He leaned back, breathing deep, as he let the cacophony of the crackling fire, clashing dice, loud arguments, and - above all, the moans and advances of the whores, sink in. He smiled contentedly, and after a few minutes opened his eyes, turning them more studiously to the crowd, looking for a face he did not recognize.

It took him a little while, but eventually, he found one. He sat watching as his drink was delivered, trying to size them up and wondering if he should ask them for a drink.
Basileus Sapiens
Basileus Sapiens

Denarii : 1000

Character Sheet
Name::
Experience Points:
The Sword and Prayer Left_bar_bleue0/0The Sword and Prayer Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

The Sword and Prayer Empty Re: The Sword and Prayer

Post  Lucanus Varius Horatiu Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Lucanus walked into the bar looking around that the controlled chaos as men from all walks of life came to and fro to indulge in the pleasures of woman and drink. He had no clue what had possessed him to walk into this place except for the fact it meant that he could escape heading back to home to his father for just a bit longer. As his eyes drifted face to face he suddenly had the suspicion that someone was watching him from afar.

Glancing his eyes up he noticed a young man who had to be around his age watching him intently. Unsure if the look was of greeting or challenge he decided for the sake of avoiding his father a fate that he hatted infinitely more then the prospect of returning home he returned the young mans gaze and began to make his way to the table where he sat. Careful not to bump into any of the more drunk patrons as he crossed the room and began his assent up the stairs.

Lucanus Varius Horatiu

Denarii : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Basileus Sapiens Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Basileus watched as the newcomer made his way somewhat awkwardly across the chaos of the lower floor. When their eyes had met, Basileus saw an interesting...almost disturbed look in the young man's eyes. Intrigued, Basileus had smiled in a welcoming manner, and the young man seemed to have taken him up on his offer as he was now approaching Basileus's table.

Basileus welcomed the young man, saying warmly, "Hello and well-met friend! Truly Dionysus smiles upon me this day, I had not my usual drinking companions and lo and behold I find one! What brings you to this shit-hole they call a bar?" He motioned for the fellow to sit down, and with the decreased distance, got a bit of a better look at the fellow. He was clearly pale, and had few, if indeed any muscles to speak of, definitely not a soldier...from his looks...a scholar or a merchant...or perhaps one of those newer politicians who avoid battle in favor of "service to the Republic." Nonsense of course, but we shall see what this man's nature is...

"My name is Basileus Sapiens, you may have heard of me, but if you haven't I will not take offense. The tournaments I partake in are not THAT large scale and this is Rome after all. Ah!" Basileus's drink is served to him "Of course, forgive me, what'll you have?"
Basileus Sapiens
Basileus Sapiens

Denarii : 1000

Character Sheet
Name::
Experience Points:
The Sword and Prayer Left_bar_bleue0/0The Sword and Prayer Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum